Are you passionate about promoting and showcasing the best food producers that Wales has to offer? Would you like the opportunity to work on the UK’s leading food festival? Abergavenny Food Festival is currently recruiting for the following internships:
Abergavenny Food Festival is seeking a motivated intern to support our communications activities leading up to this year’s event. You will work directly with the communications team to implement our communications strategy across different platforms.
This internship would be suitable for an individual who is interesting in communications and wants to gain experience of the food events industry within a supportive working environment. Although we are unable to pay you for your time, we are sure that you will find this a rewarding experience.
If you would like to apply for this internship, please send your CV and a covering letter to Ellie Athanasis. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Days: 2 days per week (16 hours)
Start date: 1st May 2017
End date: 30th September 2017
Reporting to: Communications Team
- To work closely with communications team on implementation of Festival communications activities
- To draft relevant copy as needed for communications across website, newsletters, and social media channels
- To offer administrative support for the festival communications team as needed
- To administrate and maintain the festival website – uploading relevant copy, images, SEO and managing Google Ad-words & Analytics as needed
- To act as point of contact for obtaining speaker profiles & images for website & programme
- To implement festival social media activity – including use of Hootsuite to schedule planned content
- To fulfill on copy requirements, upload pictures & graphics, liaise with our design team and implement competition requirements, along with any other communications activity as needed, or requested by the communication team
- To support with the compilation of the festival programme, obtaining copy, images & information where necessary. Offer copy-checking skills for the final print programme.
- To support with writing of press releases where needed
- To ensure that festival targets around newsletter, social media community, ticket sales and sponsorship objectives are achieved in a timely and professional manner
- Experience with WordPress, Hootsuite, Google Ad-words and other social media technologies is essential