Are you passionate about promoting and showcasing the best food producers that the UK has to offer? Would you like the opportunity to work on the UK’s leading food festival? Abergavenny Food Festival is currently recruiting for the following internships:
Days: 3 days per week
Start date: Monday 9th July
End date: Friday 21st September
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Abergavenny Food Festival is seeking a motivated intern to support our communications activities leading up to this year’s event. You will work directly with the comms and marketing team to implement our communications plan across the website, print materials and social media platforms.
This internship would be suitable for an individual who is interested in food, events and communications, and wants to gain experience of event production within a supportive working environment.
The internship is offered part-time (3 days per week), allowing time for the suitable candidate to undertake paid work elsewhere if needed. This is a paid internship, with a flat fee of £1,000 to be offered to the successful candidate. Festival internships are highly sought after, and we work closely with candidates to identify areas of experience or interest that will benefit future career development. Applicants will receive training in the use of online communication tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite and Google Analytics, however some experience with any of these tools would be beneficial. Support will be offered through the internship.
If you would like to apply for this internship, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22nd June. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- To work closely with communications team on implementation of Festival communications activities
- To draft relevant copy as needed for communications across website, newsletters, and social media channels
- To offer administrative support to the festival communications team
- To support with the administration of the festival website – uploading relevant copy, images, SEO and managing Google Analytics as needed
- To support with the implementation of festival social media activity – including use of Hootsuite to schedule planned content
- To support with writing of press releases where needed
- To ensure that festival targets around newsletter, social media community, ticket sales and sponsorship objectives are achieved in a timely and professional manner
- To support the wider team with administrative tasks, such as wristband dispatch